Photo

Looking for feedback on a newer gaming channel!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 4Guys Gaming

4Guys Gaming

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:52 AM

Okay guys, so we are a newer gaming channel comprised of 4 friends. We have been uploading videos at a decent rate, for the time being, for about a month. Honestly, we are looking for any and all feedback as to what you think of our videos. Please, let us know what you like or hate and what we could do better in the future. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Here is a link to our first YouTube upload:

#2 technique

technique

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSoviet

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:51 PM

Since you haven't gotten any replies yet I'll take the opportunity of being first.

I don't mean to be rude but here's my opinion;

Why would I watch this video? It's just regular BF4 gameplay(?) - and I don't ask myself this question because I don't play Battlefield, but because there's no amusement. There's no talking or particular editing in the clip besides your intro/outro, just plain gameplay and gameplay sounds/clips. On the positive side you had a decent intro and outro!

Here's some inspiration for ya (different game but doesn't matter), go on a learning path to make these kind of videos and people will be all over you (you are 4 people, take the opportunity to cooperate instead of making individual videos, like TS audio with you guys commenting or whatever) :).

Best of luck!

Edited by technique, 29 August 2016 - 05:10 PM.

#3 4Guys Gaming

4Guys Gaming

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:35 PM

Sincerely thank you for your reply and critique. That was the first video I myself made and uploaded to our site. Since then, we have tried to upload either let's play videos, as well as general gameplay with usome just talking about things. If you didn't while you were there, do you mind checking out our other videos and letting us know what you think of them. Any more comments are greatly appreciated.

#4 technique

technique

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSoviet

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:57 PM

Sincerely thank you for your reply and critique. That was the first video I myself made and uploaded to our site. Since then, we have tried to upload either let's play videos, as well as general gameplay with usome just talking about things. If you didn't while you were there, do you mind checking out our other videos and letting us know what you think of them. Any more comments are greatly appreciated.

I didn't before but I took some time to skim through some of your newer videos that you've been commentating on, which is good. My concern is that the length of the videos isn't healthy for getting a lot of views.

The video where you play Golf with Friends is almost 40 minutes long, while you could've instead made one video for each map instead of bunching them together - I think it'd be a wise idea to try cut down (remove waiting parts, silent parts, put together funny moments, etc.) the time of the videos quite a bit in order to get more views on them (afaik it matters in the YouTube view-algorithm stuff). I would aim for less than 20 or even less than 15 minutes! Either way, close to 40 is definitely too much for your purpose in my opinion.

While you might be recording for an hour and talk from time to time in it throughout that entire hour, the point is to evaluate the recording and take only the best parts and upload them into a much smaller clip!

I would rather watch "Golf with Friends - Funny moments/Greatest shots/Whatever specific" over "Golf with Friends - playing through 3 full maps" :)!

Edited by technique, 29 August 2016 - 05:59 PM.

#5 4Guys Gaming

4Guys Gaming

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:45 PM

Thank you again for the comments. We will take these and go forward making video mores like the suggested ones!

#6 technique

technique

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSoviet

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:07 AM

Thank you again for the comments. We will take these and go forward making video mores like the suggested ones!

What I noticed in the Half-Life videos is that I had to turn up my volume quite a bit to actually hear you. It felt that you were mumbling and being unclear in your communication from time to time, you should work on that too. Loud and clear, if you ain't got something good to say then it's probably better not to say it (aka if needed decide on some things in advance to say or talk about if you're having trouble coming up with it as you play). I don't know whether you talk and record at the same time but I know for a fact that some tend to just record it first and then focus on adding the commentary afterwards when they're re-watching the clip. Good or bad for you, only one way to find out :).

#7 4Guys Gaming

4Guys Gaming

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:59 AM

What I noticed in the Half-Life videos is that I had to turn up my volume quite a bit to actually hear you. It felt that you were mumbling and being unclear in your communication from time to time, you should work on that too. Loud and clear, if you ain't got something good to say then it's probably better not to say it (aka if needed decide on some things in advance to say or talk about if you're having trouble coming up with it as you play). I don't know whether you talk and record at the same time but I know for a fact that some tend to just record it first and then focus on adding the commentary afterwards when they're re-watching the clip. Good or bad for you, only one way to find out :).

I have let Bdubyah know about your suggestions on his videos. Thank you for the feedback. I plan on using what you have told me and creating a new video to upload within the next day. I will post the link once it is up. If you don't mind, could you take a look at it and let me know if I am on the right track?

Edited by 4Guys Gaming, 30 August 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#8 technique

technique

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSoviet

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:28 AM

I have let Bdubyah know about your suggestions on his videos. Thank you for the feedback. I plan on using what you have told me and creating a new video to upload within the next day. I will post the link once it is up. If you don't mind, could you take a look at it and let me know if I am on the right track?

If you want my viewer-opinion I will be here to take a look at it once you have new content, certainly.

Edited by technique, 30 August 2016 - 11:28 AM.

#9 robodrummer256@gmail.com

robodrummer256@gmail.com

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:50 PM

https://www.youtube....7WOx682F9qSFTmw

#10 soupncandy

soupncandy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Hey I liked the video, I wonder do you guys only do youtube or do you stream at all as well? 

#11 4Guys Gaming

4Guys Gaming

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

We have taken a break from editing YouTube videos lately. We mainly stream now as it is much easier with our conflicting schedules. Check us out on 4GGames on Twitch! If you don't catch us there, head on over to my channel HeartlessMidget and I should be live as long as I am home. Thanks for enjoying the video!!