#1 pokeyoureyesoutgames

pokeyoureyesoutgames

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationChi-Town!

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:09 PM

Hi there!

A lot of you know that there is a plan to play some Dungeons and Dragons on stream!!

Everyone playing with us is part of Lift Gaming - Murderklok, Morphos_XL, and Rizorty!!  

So I sort of wanted to make a forum to keep that updated, and ask for suggestions, and or comments on the games and how you guys feel about it.  We LOVE new ideas and want to know if there were things you find confusing or etc.  Also I wanted to get a minor updated schedule so everyone can come here and see when the campaign is being played.

Also I wanted to post this here to discuss HOW we are planning/made it happen so anyone who wants to do the same thing, or something similar has access to this information.

Schedule:  March the 1st at 7pm CST/8pm EST is our next game!

The Burning Chalice: Episode 1 (Full)

The Burning Chalice: Episode 2 (Full)

The Burning Chalice: Episode 3 (Full)

The Burning Chalice: Episode 4 (Full)

I also want to thank everyone who has helped to make this come together so smoothly.

And also, Botchy, Dr.Fark, and Rocketbear for the arts!

So we wanted to put a thing up, of how we accomplished the DnD game

So here we go!!

-The first and foremost thing we worried about, was the players.  We asked a bunch of streamers  before we finally got our crew together.

-We then ordered layouts for the stream.  We wanted a layout that had panels so that all of us were talking, it's our "Role Play" Screen where we are talking about what we are doing or to NPCs and such.  Then we also wanted a screen that would show the Roll 20 game map, and all of our cams as well. This is our "Game Screen"   On these layouts, we also made it a static image that DoctorFark fixes for us with the stats next to each of the characters and their small blurbs.   And lastly, we had Fark make us a logo to use for the game.

-Then We had everyone fill out their character sheets and sent Botulism_sauce to work on the character icons for the in-game world.  RocketBear81 at the same time, started making DnD-esque sketches to put on the layout that Fark was creating.

-Then we started to work on map creation in roll20.net Ed had to think of the world that he wanted to create, and what encounters the party might come across. And in this, had to flush out maps and dungeons on roll 20. 

-Once the maps and layouts were complete, we set a date for the game!

-Day of the game, we use a program called "Zoom" to have a conference call with everyone's cameras.

-In OBS, we made individual window captures that would capture each person's camera directly so that we could place them inside of their designated spot in the layouts.  We did this to all of the scenes and added everything together for the game.

Though each of us as streamers are very heavy on talking to their chat - we decided against doing this for the game because we wanted to keep the immersion of the game going. As well, there would be too much chat to keep up with for us be able to progress in the story if we all took time to talk to chat during the game.

Attached Thumbnails

• pydog-tavern-logo_500.png

#2 Helixia

Helixia

Lift Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:23 AM

What a coincidence i'm planning the same thing with LudoUniversalis.

Two of his friends LordHudson and LordCucumber.

Stil in the progress of making characters and starting my very first DnD session.

#3 Not Ludo

Not Ludo

Lift Regular

• 458 posts
  • LocationSwamp-Germany

Posted 03 December 2015 - 04:30 AM

Schedule:  Tuesday December 15th at 10:00pm will be the first stream!!

Guess I'll watch the VOD at work, or I'll have to find an excuse to call in sick. ;)
Will it be a weekly thing?

What a coincidence i'm planning the same thing with LudoUniversalis.

It's coincidental that they got into Tabletop Simulator and decided to try D&D that way. But Ed was already arranging this for a while. :)

#4 RockSolid

RockSolid

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:56 AM

Nice thing, im interested but :) how or wht do need to do or buy?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6603 met Tapatalk

The Army of superHeroes on Twitch

Twitch: Twitch.tv/livegamestvnl

Twitter: @Livegamestvnl

Youtube: LGTVNL

livegamestvnl.png

#5 DoctorFark

DoctorFark

Lift Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:15 PM

Hurray D&D stream! This is gonna be so awesome.

#6 pokeyoureyesoutgames

pokeyoureyesoutgames

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationChi-Town!

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:42 PM

Yeah! I heard that you guys were going to set up a Euro game! Which is really awesome!  I'm excited to see yours too!  New players to DnD are always fun because that fresh feeling keeps a lot of interactions less stale!

Lol. Don't be sick on account of us ;)  But it will hopefully be a once a month type deal.  I think once a week might be a little too much with all of our streaming schedules.

We looked into Table Top as a way to play - however decided to use Roll20.net because it has better customization on maps, is free to use, it's user friendly,  combat macros are right in the program.  If you pay, I think $5 monthly, there's character sheets built into the webpage, dynamic lighting to use so players can't see through walls.  

It also helps with using OBS on the same computer that we're running the game on, so switching through tabs and scenes won't be a hassle on the computer.  In all towards a DnD set up, it seemed to have a bit more that we can work with to seem like a fluid game.

Don't get me wrong, I love table top simulator. But it's worked better for your run-of-the-mill board games or card games for us.

We're still debating if we're going to use Skype or Zoom for the actual conference call, where we can then capture everyone's camera.  Then it was just a matter of buying a stream layout from Doctor Fark, Setting up the game on Roll20.net and getting botchy to make some character art for us.   Since we already duo-stream it'll be easy to do map switches and typing to chat because Lola can focus on that sort of thing while Ed is DMing.  Then just coordinating with the members of the game to find a suitable day/time for everyone

But yeah as far as buying things, it was just the art, possibly Zoom, and we threw money at roll20 to get extra features.   We're lucky because the DnD 3.5 Player's Handbook is online, and we have a digital copy of it, so no one needs to buy that to play.  As well, a dice generator/map tiles/and 'minis' are part of the website we're playing on, so we didn't have to go buy all that extra stuff that you'd normally want to if you played DnD with friends on a table.

Edited by PokeYourEyesOutGames, 03 December 2015 - 10:46 PM.

#7 laughinwhale

laughinwhale

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:35 PM

I LOVE D&D! I also live pathfinder, I'll have to stop by and watch! Barbarians ftw!

#8 Des

Des

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:01 AM

Can't wait to see this!

#9 Ramoach

Ramoach

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:41 PM

I never tried D&D but its one of those games on my endless 'to play' list. Cant wait to see you guys in action! Looking forward to learning about how it works.

Ramoach.png

I never get bored of hanging with my streaming amigos and my amazing followers. Here, have some social interwebs that I'm on!

Kappa Twitch  Kappa Youtube  Kappa Twitter  Kappa FaceBook  Kappa Instagram  Kappa

#10 pokeyoureyesoutgames

pokeyoureyesoutgames

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationChi-Town!

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:09 AM

So, We've put the first full video up for any who missed it!  One of Rizorty's Highlights went viral... So that was really cool! #5MinutesOfFame

Let us know what you think! It's our first time trying DnD here on twitch.

EDIT

Guess we had some complications with the video. will try to get it back up tomorrow

#11 myst1calblu3

myst1calblu3

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:12 PM

I was watching live and I remember having a hard time breathing in between my laughing. I know nothing about DnD and this was my first experience with it. Makes me want to get in to DnD. Really looking forward to the next session!

myst1calblu3.png

Twitter

Current Schedule PST:

Thurs/Fri - ~10PM to 12AM | Sat/Sun - Watch for tweets

#12 DemonicHate

DemonicHate

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:48 PM

well shit... if i hadn't stopped coming online for the past month i would have heard about this.... i want to do this!!! i want to play TT.TT my friends and i play every once and a while, but our DM gets unmotivated and stops quite a bit due to everything going on....... anyone need another player?

demonichate.png

#13 SuperBadJuJu

SuperBadJuJu

Lift Veteran

• Lift Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:27 PM

So googling "D&D FAIL" brings up Rizorty's clip from your D&D session as a top result.  Well done guys! I'm proud of you, brings a tear to my eyes.  Kappa

SuperBadJuJu.png

:rolleyes:  Twitter | Steam | YouTube  :rolleyes: 

#14 mattplays252

mattplays252

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:18 AM

So googling "D&D FAIL" brings up Rizorty's clip from your D&D session as a top result.  Well done guys! I'm proud of you, brings a tear to my eyes.  Kappa

This made it all the way to Kotaku

#15 DoctorFark

DoctorFark

Lift Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:31 AM

This made it all the way to Wizards of the Coast, the creators of D&D. This is made of win.

#16 SuperBadJuJu

SuperBadJuJu

Lift Veteran

• Lift Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:31 AM

This made it all the way to Kotaku

Haha yeah, among other places. We actually have an article on the way ourselves.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

SuperBadJuJu.png

:rolleyes:  Twitter | Steam | YouTube  :rolleyes: 

#17 pokeyoureyesoutgames

pokeyoureyesoutgames

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationChi-Town!

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:24 AM

Next game is on January 5th! 7pm Cst / 8pm Est.

#18 KitCatBass

KitCatBass

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationSOCAL, California

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:52 AM

Next game is on January 5th! 7pm Cst / 8pm Est.

Such HYPU. I'll try and swing by! 

#19 laughinwhale

laughinwhale

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:32 PM

Wow you guys this is amazing, it makes me want to play D&D again so bad :(. Such fond memories. If you ever need a guest let me know! :) Great job!

Edited by laughinwhale, 28 December 2015 - 03:33 PM.

#20 pokeyoureyesoutgames

pokeyoureyesoutgames

Lift Regular

• PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationChi-Town!

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:04 PM

Wow you guys this is amazing, it makes me want to play D&D again so bad :(. Such fond memories. If you ever need a guest let me know! :) Great job!

We shall write you on the list! And thanks! We hope this next game will live up to the hype its brought

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lift, dungeons, dragons, dnd, d&d